IGNORED

Need Center Caps

Marty Rogan

I bought a set of nice used rims. they look like Enkei style but have no name on them at all. The came with out center caps though and I have having a bit of a time finding some that fit. I attached a pic at the end. The inner diameter of the whole is 2 7/8" and outer diameter, around the center lip is 3 1/8".

I have tried center caps from some swatstica wheels, which were close, but 1/8" too narrow to fit around the lip. If you can ID these wheels manufacurer, have some caps to sell that fit or know where I could find some, let me know.

thanks,

Marty

post-874-14150793761208_thumb.jpg

Marty, most of the mesh style wheels that I've seen usually have a pop-in plastic center cap, is that what you are looking for?

I've got a set of the ARE mesh wheels in the shop that have never been used as far as I know, and I know I've got at least 2 center caps, I might have to dig for the other two, but I'm not sure if they will fit.:ermm:

I did a quick measurement and it looks like 2 3/4-ish across the tabs that hold it inside the wheel. I'm not sure what your 3 1/8 measurement is...

I'll take a pic after the darn camera charges up a bit and post one after dinner so you can at least see one.

I tried a set of the pop in caps off a turbo z, the ones with the steel prongs. The diameter between the plastic part on the back side was not wide enough to slip over the metal rim in the center of the wheel.

I also tried another set of pop in caps off anothe style turbo. This one was all plastic. The tabs were not wide enough to grip the wheel at all.

Went to Discount tire and tried the type that slide in from the back. They did not have one narrow enough to slide all the way into the whole.

I am not that picky at to which type, the pop in or push from behind, just something that fits and will cover the whole.

Thanks,

Marty

Yeah, the only center caps I have seen for mesh-style wheels are the plastic ones. I think the billet caps you were thinking of Chris were the ones for the Libra american racing wheels.

Marty, I know you said 3 1/8", but here is a link to some 3 1/4". You might be able to make them fit. Good luck on finding a set of caps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473537559&category=43961

-Ben