IGNORED

Z car Insurance Deal

seerex

This may be another option for you. I have a little known policy offered by State Farm for classic cars.

I have a $9,000 agreed to value policy on my 70 show car. It costs me $39 every 6 months. I get to drive it 2,500 miles per year. I can even drive it to work occassionally, as long as I don't use it as a daily driver. You have to send them some pictures and state what upgrades, restoration has been done to it, but it was not hard to agree on the value.

Marty

Is that only for show cars? My plan is to do some mechanical restoration (obviously), the GTO body kit, and maybe in the end, engine rebuild with trans swap.

Also, I would upgrade the interior with period-correct materials & looks for a late 60's enzo.

Just got the liability for now, so i can drive from service station to body shop :ermm:

thx

The State Farm policy is not strictly for show cars, but is for classic cars. You would need to check withyour agent to review their definitions.

I also have my '71 240Z insured with them for an agreed to value of $7,500. While it is a really nice car, it is far from a "show car".

Marty

I have Farmers and I told my agent that I was dismanteling the Z for a overhaul , not a restoration , and that it was to be down for about a y ear. He wrote a policy that covers the car for fire and theft and if it is trailered for work being done . $9.00 a year. When the car is driveable and I want to get it on the road . I will have meeting and he will write a agreed upon value policy. He indicated that they would be compairable to Hagerty. When the time comes I will see . There is another ins. co American Collectors Insurance Inc. 498 Kings Highway North Cherry Hill , New Jersey 08002 So there is another one. They quoted me for $6500 value $78.00 per YR. Like the other specialty policies they require a locked garage , and have various limits on mileage driven. They also require a daily driver. Gary

Marty, FYI Haggerty did not offer anyu deductable on their collector car policy, but given that iwas so cheacp, 100 bucks a year, that wasnt an issue.

Also,regarding a previous post on this thread about haggerty only covering you on the way to a show or club event, that is not correct. I

specified I would using my car for pleasure driving on weekends only, less than 3500 miles per year, and I told them it would not be used for clubs or shows. They had no problem with that.

They did tell me they wee one of the few collector car insurers who cover your car if it is unattended, suich as if you stop at a store and leave the car in the parking lot. They said they WOULD cover you in thaty event, unlike other companies.