IGNORED

Z car Insurance Deal

seerex

Hey all just giving you a heads up on what I found, I switched to a Hagerty insurance for my z and saved almost 500 bucks , my z with gieco with just basic no collision was 275 every 6 months , I just signed up with hagerty < i had kept seeing their ads on speedvision > and got FULL coverage including collision and higher limits and payout value of 3500 <geico was like a grand > and towing too for $90 a year, and no I don't work for them LOL , just wanted to try and save you guys some bucks :geek:

www.hagerty.com

Originally posted by seerex

Hey all just giving you a heads up on what I found, I switched to a Hagerty insurance for my z and saved almost 500 bucks , my z with gieco with just basic no collision was 275 every 6 months , I just signed up with hagerty < i had kept seeing their ads on speedvision > and got FULL coverage including collision and higher limits and payout value of 3500 <geico was like a grand > and towing too for $90 a year, and no I don't work for them LOL , just wanted to try and save you guys some bucks :geek:

www.hagerty.com

$90 a year?? Can you post the specific coverages and limits?

Sounds too good to be true.

Your Total Annual Cost would be:

$90

This quote includes Hagerty Protection Network, click here to learn more

Quote Date: 04/13/2004

Hagerty Protection Network Benefits

Roadside Assistance Flatbed Towing up to 3 incidents

Members Only Website - Online Policy Management

- Tips and information from industry experts and fellow members

- Legislative Advocacy

Quarterly Newsletter - Articles and information from industry experts and fellow members

- Legislative Advocacy

Coverages for vehicles registered in Florida

Applicant Date of Birth 06/13/1969

Liability BI/PD: 10K BI per pers/20K BI per acc/10K PD per acc

Uninsured Motorist BI: 10000 per person/20000 per accident non-stacked

Medical Payments: $1000 per person

Personal Injury Protection: $10000 per accident

1972 Datsun 240z Auto stock with an agreed value of $3500

Other Than Collision: No Deductible

Collision: No Deductible

I thought so too I actually called them about 10 minutes ago and confirmed the quote and its all true , my brother just called and is switching his right now

Hey guys I just signed up my 240 Z for coverage with hagerty three weeks ago. Part of my p;an to purchase the car hinged on finding cheap insurance, and when i found hagerty (through other Z car owenrs on the zcar.com website,)I made the move to buy my car. I have it set up to drive the car less than 3500 miles a yearand keep it in a locked garage. My 280 ZX is my daily driver, and the Z comes out on the wekends. Sure makes a delightful treat at the end of the week!:love:

They will NOT cover if you are driving ANYWHERE except for a Sunday cruise or going to club functions or shows. I tried to get Hagerty and they wouldnt cover me even if i went to the store! I take my Z to work about twice a week and they wouldnt cover me for that!!!! READ the fine print carefully, or else you can find yourself HIGH and DRY! Nick

Got a quote of $82 a year,............................but...........(unfortunately for me)........... under the Do I qualify Tab, I found this:

DO I QUALIFY?

Due to our extremely low rates, only people with good driving records are eligible for our program. Generally, one or two minor violations or accidents are acceptable.

We will not accept major violations such as a DUI, reckless driving, or excessive speed if they occurred within the last 3-6 years, depending on state requirements.

All licensed household drivers must have a regular-use vehicle to use for daily driving. And each driver must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her name. Collector vehicles must be stored in a fully-enclosed and locked garage when not in use.

Vehicles insured on our program must be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of something valuable, such as club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours, and limited pleasure driving.

We do not offer an insurance product for the following types of vehicles:

Inexpensive home-built kit cars that do not replicate a classic vehicle

Cobra replicas (replicas of the 1963-1967 Shelby Cobra Roadster)

Less than 25-year-old trucks and utility type vehicles

Vehicles customized for "off-road" usage

Pro-street vehicles — Vehicles modified exclusively for racing with features such as roll cages, wheelie castors, nitrous systems, parachutes, etc. are generally not eligible for our program. However, consideration may be given to "show-use only" vehicles.

Less than 25-year-old luxury cars that have been "retired" to infrequent use

Inexpensive 4 door sedans from the mid-1970s and newer

Vehicles used exclusively for commercial/business purposes

Regular-use vehicles driven on a daily basis

Motorcycles that have been custom built from one-of-a-kind fabricated parts.

Motorcycles that have been modified for increased performance and horsepower or have had structural changes done to the frame.

Originally posted by TomoHawk

I think you have to keep the car in the garage, too. :( Most companies require that

I think I posted everything they specified

Originally posted by Bambikiller240

All licensed household drivers must have a regular-use vehicle to use for daily driving. And each driver must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her name. Collector vehicles must be stored in a fully-enclosed and locked garage when not in use.

Vehicles insured on our program must be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of something valuable, such as club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours, and limited pleasure driving.

I have had Hagerty Insurance on both my 78 Z and my 64 320 Pickup for three years. They are both garaged. That is part of their deal. The vehicle must be 'maintained primarily for use in car club activities, exibitions, parades, other functions of public interest or for a private collection; and is used only infrequeltly for other purposes.' You must also own a 'regular use' vehicle. I pay $139/yr which covers both vehicles. You don't really need the Hagerty Protection Network coverage if you have other towing arrangements is place but it's only an extra $15/yr. That gives you up to three flatbed tows per vehicle per yr. I think that it is more than worth it to have their insurance if you use your car in that manner.