IGNORED

Air dam/bumper

Dan

Urethane is a better choice for "sloppy" drivers like me. The first time you angle park into a curb (kerb) that's higher than you thought, the fiberglass is probably going to be damaged. Even is you miss the embankments that 2ManyZs favors, there are a surprizing number of "opportunities" out there.

If you have already lowered your Z, even some of the more robust speed bumps can be troublesome. I "bottom out" on the speed bumps in the parking lot of the local municipal court, (jury duty, not defendantI :finger: ) and the curb at the local post office is a challenge for "normal" cars.

ATTENTION CLASS!! I did not put the 240 into the embankment. The only time I put the 280 off the track I did hit the bank in a slow speed loop. Notice, I said my 280, with the big armored bumpers! Bangin second gear on a wet track in the rain,plus a spot of oil on the track made for a quick, harmless spin.

I have never even driven the 240 as yet, since it was already crunched when I bought it.

Thank you class, you may now resume your studies.

I'm not offended, I just took the opportunity to be a wise a-- myself. :P

Now, if I could just find a good corner to put these unruly pupils into...............

Oh, say HI to kmack when you pass the principals office will you? I had to send him there the other day and he hasn't been seen since.LOL

Finished my air dam and painted it. Anyone like? i thougth for my first time it looks ok. Just took a quick pick of the corner because this was a hard spot to fade into the body.

post-1856-14150791928248_thumb.jpg

Looks good. There is one small downside I see to this though. In order to pull the fenders you are going to have to pull the headlight buckets and air dam as a unit, or unbolt the headlight buckets from the fender. I hope you have good mounting studs on the headlight buckets, as a lot of times they snap off when you try to remove them. I'm not trying to "rain on your parade" just saw one potential thing that might spoil an easy job some afternoon, causing a few choice words being uttered in vain.

BTW, is there any room behind this that a person could put some type of "bumper" or do you have to remove the bumper supports to make room for this to fit? Someone posted this question so I just thought since you were in the process of doing the job you could shed a little light on the subject.

Ok......out....of.....breath i just ran outside and dove under my car with my 2 bazillion watt shop light to check the mounting studs on my light buckets. I shoved my head back there and everything looks good. I think that they are fairly new, the buckets that is. LMAO you should of seen the look on my wifes face as i said SH** and ran out the door. No i don't think there is room for a bumper back there. Thanks for the exercise 2Many.

DAN:

A 2 bazillion watt shop light sounds like what every Z owner should have. Where might I find one?

Got weary of replacing bulbs in my shop light, so I bought a flourescent light. It has two light tubes - abut 1/2 inch in diameter each. The whole unit is only about a foot long, but alas, it doesn't come close to 2 bazillion watts.

Haha i do exaggerate, it's a Craftsman (i think) and it has the duel florescent bulbs, but it is like the light of God when i turn it on for some night ops under the car. Ok not a Craftsman but i did get it from Sears a couple of years ago. It has two 250 watt bulbs.

• 4 months later...