polishing wheels...suggestions please - Page 4 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

polishing wheels...suggestions please

Featured Replies

  • Author

Your wheels looked awesome before, now they have been taken to a new level. The polishing takes a while, but it is worth it. You did a great job Marc. Now all you need are those Panasport stickers for the edge of the rim.

thank you ben! i still need to find a way to clean the spokes, you can tell in the 2nd picture how they get dirt and grease stuck to them. the polisher wouldn't really clean it because the spokes arent smooth like the outer edges of the wheels. there kinda ruff making it hard to clean. what do you reccommend?

  • Author

Are the spokes painted or are they the natural metal? I would assume that they are painted silver. Hmm, I wouldn't use the nevr dull on them. I would just try a scrub brush and some soap and water. If that doesn't do the trick, try and use a cleaner that will not remove paint.

i dont think they are painted, ill just try scrubbing and see what happens

Try some warm water and Whisk detergent, it works on my wheels and tires!

Will

  • 1 year later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I just bought a small wheel and Tripoli buffing compound to finish up a cam cover I'm working on. The buffing wheel quickly turned black I guess from aluminum particles mixed with the Tripoli. It's basically ineffictive now. Is there any way to remove the black gunk from the wheel or is it now trash - or shoudl I try to cut the outer layer off it (probably will throw it off balance though)? I only got about 1/4 through before it stopped giving a nice shine. Here's the wheel: eastwood co wheel Thanks

Michael

(ps I'm using the wheel with a hand drill motor, not a bench motor)

Hi Michael.

Eastwood says the buffing wheel is made of cotton. Couldn't you just pop it in the washing machine and then the dryer? It might skrink a little, but I think it would still be balanced.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.