IGNORED

Very rare 240Z emblem

kats

432 emblem currently listed in YahooJP see

432 - badge and also a FairladyZ badge

I have a set of badges that look just like the Fairlady Z ones above, but are missing the "Z" part of the badge. They are in an orignal Nissan box and state that two are enclosed. I have both, they are metal, and the Z wasn't removed, it just is not included. Anyone know where they are from, or rather what they are suppose to be one?

Thanks

Scott

I have a set of badges that look just like the Fairlady Z ones above, but are missing the "Z" part of the badge. They are in an orignal Nissan box and state that two are enclosed. I have both, they are metal, and the Z wasn't removed, it just is not included. Anyone know where they are from, or rather what they are suppose to be one?

Thanks

Scott

A JDM roadster possibly?

I am a little curious about this myself. Every one I have seen was on the back lip of the rear spoiler. HS30-H has one on his spoiler. I recall a thread some time ago about emblems on the rear deck and a scan was posted of the emblem page from a RHD parts catalog. but I can't find it.

According to the gentleman who sold this emblem to me, it may have come from HS30-00026.

post-4148-14150794905768_thumb.jpg

Simple really.

They were original equipment on any Fairlady 240Z ( which includes the ZG, as Alfadog pointed out ).

'Fairlady Z" models got the one-piece emblem with the Z moulded into it from October 1969 onwards ( S30-S, S30, PS30, PS30-SB and upwards etc).

'Fairlady 240Z' models ( from Oct.71 in Japan ) got a new Fairlady emblem without the Z on the end. This was combined with the '240Z' emblem that was used on the Export models - so a pair of emblems made up the 'Fairlady 240Z' script ( applicable to the HS30-S, HS30, HS30-H and their sub-variants ).

The 'FairladyZ' emblem was used over a much longer period, and on many more models - so its much more common.

SER240Z, would you consider selling your metal 'Fairlady' emblems? I would be willing to buy them if you were. A couple of years ago some thieving little lowlife prised off the emblems on the front wings ( fenders ) of my ZG, and I had to use my precious spares to replace them. I could do with another couple of spares in case the same thing happens again ( quite likely here in lovely London :disappoin )..........

Cheers,

Alan T.

According to the gentleman who sold this emblem to me, it may have come from HS30-00026.

Christopher,

If this is the one that you bought from the UK recently, then I can tell you EXACTLY what car it came from ( and it was categorically NOT HS30-00026 ).

I'll contact you directly about it.

Along with the 240Z ...

Alan, can you clarify?

Hi Mike,

I don't understand. Can you clarify what you want me to clarify?

The emblems on the rear spoiler of my ZG are correct. A 'Fairlady' emblem ( no 'Z' integral ) and a '240Z' emblem.

Have you corresponded with him?

Nope. I've got his phone number though.

I think I'll call him next week some time and see if he is interested in filling in a few gaps. I have a lot of background info from other people.

I just sent you an e-mail about it. Tell me what you think.