IGNORED

pertronic acting strange lately

jeanp

Hi need help again,  My car have a strange isue i saw a few post here that talk about it with no clear solution.

I run pertronics pickup and 3ohm flame trower this worked fine for a few year 5 i think now it run inequal sometime it runs fine

and sometimes at around 4k rpm it dies i lose fire on some of the cilinders and this only apens under load.

I tried using 1.5ohm original coil same thing. tryied to bypass tachometer work for about 30miles than it started

to do same thing, Note the 30 miles i did were on the highway and not to fast lets say around 70mph.

any input would be great.

Jean-Philippe

Edited by jeanp

What does the tachometer needle do when it's "losing fire" or runs unequal?  It's a spark counter.

Can't remember your car.  Are you running carbs or EFI?  Have you tuned it up recently?  Spark plugs get dirty and gap increases as the electrodes wear.  

The car is su carburators just rebuilt last winter,

Timing and ajusting carbs is done. Plugs are new and gap verified.

I did not notice any weard acting  of the tach needle when this apen

I can tell it does not loose fire on all cylinders probably one or two.

Edited by jeanp

As per pertronics (they sent me a ground and voltage test sheet) i check resistance between aluminum plate of ignitor and batery ground

they say max .2 ohm i got 0.0 they say test voltage car not running and running. on coil + i got 5.5 not running and 12.0 running (this is on the coil)

before tach on the switch black wire i got  8.0 and 14.0  they say normal would be 14.2 on + of the coil is it normal that i loose 2 volts with the tachometer.

I am wired like the attach drawing.

7072OEMToPertron.jpg

Edited by jeanp