IGNORED

I would appreciate your opinions please

Mckrack

Could somebody post a picture of the side mouldings in question? I'm not really clear on what we're talking about.

26th-z, maybe instead of spinning hub caps you could get those kind like the taxis were using that stay straight up and down all the time, that way you could put a graphic of a queen from each suit in a deck of playing cards on it. Just a thought.

Hows about JOKERS not Queens!! LOL

As far as I know, they made two types. The earlier one was an aluminum channel that was riveted on the car. The newer one was a plastic channel that was taped to the car. Both types could be had with numerous colored inserts. The older type was more durable, but there was the problem of rust, holes in the body and dissimilar metal electro-something or other (aluminum rivets rubbing on steel body panels). The newer one didn't have the rust problem, but was prone to cracking, being that it was plastic. I haven't seen them in a long time and I'm not sure that you can find them anymore.

Well there is one certainty, they never stopped a parking lot rub,dent,ding.

All the damage to the Z's doors are BELOW the ridge of the body work. to be effective the trim would have to run 12 inches below that line.

A "door ding stopper" was put on many a 70's and 80's car by factory and aftermarket. Now that cars are a bit smaller, and I think SUV's allow for easier entry, there seems to be way less door dings. I just havn't gotten that many with my 2002 SVT Focus. Just one significant mash.

Maybe it is the reduction in two door monsters like Thunderbirds, where the barn doors would take out NASCAR bars if they were in place.

Lord knows it is not the lessor number of fat asses climbing out of their cars wanging away on the neighboring cars paint.

Oh, have I gone on toooo much?

Lord knows it is not the lessor number of fat asses climbing out of their cars wanging away on the neighboring cars paint.

Funny story along those lines: I used to work in a local theme park in the traffic department. You know the guys that point your car where to park as you enter in the morning? Well, the first thing people would do is kick their door all the way open and try to jump out, which would hold up the line of cars. What would kill me is that the person that JUST had to wait while the jerk in front of them did that would proceed to do the SAME THING once they parked instead of waiting for the next car to pull in before opening the door. Anyway, one time I saw a guy kick open his door, go to jump out, and guess what? He forgot to take off his seat belt and got yanked right back into the car. Priceless.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them. I've actually never seen them before now.

Yeah, I am not crazy about them, but the car still has great paint on it, and taking them off would leave the rivet holes - so until the car needs a repaint, I am stuck with them. But, since the '72 is my "daily driver" of the two Z's, I guess they do serve a purpose in keeping the car from getting door dings. :classic:

Thanks everybody for your opinion. I thought you could possibly stick them on but if holes have to be drilled I'm not doing that. However I do kind of like them.

There were some responses like from that 26th something about her majesty or something that I didn't quite get. Maybe just joking or somehting and the other guy David. What in the world were you talking about. I do think I recognized Mr. K in that picture. Was that him? As for the other folks who are they?

Anyway thank you very much for your opinions.

McKrack