IGNORED

Modified 9/70 for sale

Zvoiture

Saw a great series one in Paso Robles today. Didn't have my camera with me, but went over the car pretty well for some time and it is one of the most rust-free examples I have seen lately. One of the dogleg seams is a bit puffy and the battery tray is flaking in places, but otherwise I found no rust. Body very straight. AZ car. Frame rails totally clean and solid. Inner seams of rear wells solid. Rear deck area solid. Pulled carpet up and found nothing. Almost no undercoating. Both floor pans show signs of 'off-road' excursions. The car is not pretty, but I was shocked at how solid it was. Was the goldenrod colour, but repainted red. Paint not too good. 2.9 stroker with maybe 1000 miles. E31. Triple 44's with short Mikuni runners, long horns and a nice ITG. Full polyurethane. 1" front and 7/8" rear-orieneted ST bar. Holly red. Interior pretty shot and seats ripped. 4-speed. A/R alloys. Oh, and unfortunately, a sunroof. $3500 OBO. Call Dustin at 805-239-5761 or call 602-363-9473 or NICODEMUS@TCSN.net

Too funny..... I have sold quite a few cars over the internet including several out of country and have NEVER been approached by a scammer. Until NOW!!!! This ad has elicited two since I posted it. I feel so special now.....

I told this one "wire transfer only" and she disappeared:

Information about inquiring person:

Name: mary

Email: maryann_2004@keromail.com

===================================================

i am a trader in europe ...i want to purchase your car really i have

seen all it's detail and condition on the adverts.and i want to know the

cost price so that we can proceed to payment,however i want you to know

that i will pay by cashier cheque

regards

mary

Then I got this one yesterday from davidwatson@alloymail.com :

Hello,

Thanks for your Email regarding my Offer,I just contacted My Client

about the cost of your merchandise which is $3500 also informed him

about the Present State And condition of the Merchandise and he is

satisfied with it.So my Friend said he will be issuing you a

Certified Check of $7,000 while you you deduct the cost of the

merchandise $3500 and deduct $50 as compesation for the stress that

you will go through when transfering the funds and wire to the rest

of the funds to the shipping company $3,450 through Western Union

Money Transfer.The $3,450 would be wired to the Shipping Company who

would come for the pickup of the Merchandise and also make in charge

of the shippment.So i would want you to send me your full contact

information to where my client will be sending you the Certified

Check like this:

Full Name.........

Full address............. Not a P.o Box Add res s

City...............

State.............

Coun try..........

Zipcode............

Cell/office/home phone number.......................

I'll be looking forward to the requested information as soon as

possible so that the payment can be sent issued out immediately and

do get back to me with the Pics of the Merchandise so that my client

will be Able to see What he is paying off.Hope to read from you

soon..

Best Regards

--

Too bad I can't get a serious buyer...this would make a PERFECT race car hull.

steve

Damn! I just got another! What is it with this particular ad?

Information about inquiring person:

Name: adeshola gbegene

Email: adeshola_gbegene007@graffiti.net

===================================================

GOOD DAY,

I am an auto dealer based in SCOTLAND ,i am interested in buying your(Cars)payment would be in certified check for the(Cars),i also need to know the price and your full name and address including your phone is also needed in which payment will be sent to i have a shipping company who takes cares of my shippment.So don't bother about the shippment.I will also like to know if is still in good condition and shape.urgent response is needed for procedure of payment of the (Cars)

I need your quicky Response

With Best Regard

Thanks..

About a month ago, I was looking for a BMW for the wife. I came across one on Yahoo! automobile classifieds. What caught my attention was the fact that the car was selling for about 1/3 than what it should Blue Book for.

As luck would have it, I saw the same car on eBay and smelled a rat on the Yahoo! post.

Here’s what transpired:

<b>Reply to my Inquiry from the Scam Artist</b> :stupid:

XXXX@aol.com wrote:

Dear Sir,

The car it is available and is in excellent condition, no accidents .The price is $8000 US and it includes shipping costs. But you must know that the car is located in London, United Kingdom. This is my personal car and I have posted the ad on this web site because I want to sell in US . The car has US title and is clean so you will not have any problems when you will register it. The car has passed the emissions test and comes with all the documents you need to register. The total shipping cost from London to your location is $2000 US and I will need these money in advance to take care of the fees. As soon as the car arrives, you will test the car and if it does not match 100% your expectations, you will return it in maximum 15 days from the arrival date. In this case I will send you the full amount back, upon receipt of the car. Time is an important issue for me, but obviously security and buyer satisfaction are of greater importance.

I sincerely hope to do this transaction with you.

<b>My Response to the Scam Artist</b> :finger:

Hello XXXX@aol.com,

I am very interested in the car! However, I am somewhat confused. I found the same vehicle (based on VIN) for sale in Los Angeles, and by your account for sale in the UK. Furthermore, there is a significant price difference between the two ads.

I am a trusting person by nature, but something doesn't seem quite right. I have courtesy copied the individual selling the car on ebay. Perhaps you would like to discuss the true ownership of the vehicle.

Cordially,

Ed

<b>Response Back from the True Owner</b> :angry:

Ed

The person posting this ad on Yahoo has stolen the picture and description from my eBay ad and is obviously a fraud. I can provide a copy of the title showing that I am the owner of the car. Ask the other seller if he can do the same. I expect if you ask, that you will not get a response. Also the price is extremely suspicious. This would be a steal (literally) if you could get it for this price.

Thanks for letting me know. I will contact the necessary authorities to apprehend this thief.

Regards

Paul

<b>Funny...I never got a reply back from the Scammer</b> LOL

• 4 weeks later...
I told this one "wire transfer only" and she disappeared

I think the same guy contact me. He sent me a check for $30,000. I have it right here in my hand. I knew it was fake from the first email he sent. I just wanted to see if the check was going to come. He has been calling me on the phone. You believe that. He is calling me from Nigeria. I gave the information to the secret service to deal with him. I have the guys cell. You want it?