IGNORED

anybody seen an intake like mine? pics attached

mattchew

Your probably all gonna kill me over this:p But I pulled the SU's off my 240z, and put on this Skyline P90 intake on it (I ported the hell outta the intake to match the carb). The carb is a 2 barrel carter I pulled off a dodge 273 and rebuilt. It seems to be running considerably better than my SU's, but with maybe a very slight bit less power. However the SU's could've used a good rebuild, and I'm still tinkering with this setup. Ive still got the choke to hook up and it needs filters and a better fix for a couple of the vacuum lines then Im gonna give it a cold air intake.

post-24520-14150824024391_thumb.jpg

post-24520-14150824025095_thumb.jpg

post-24520-14150824025671_thumb.jpg

yea ill be there to accept the lashings from all the other datsun guys. but your gonna have to kill steve epperly too because he bought the SUs and sold me the intake manifold, He wasn't very happy about what i was gonna do though haha:p

The idea of doing an alternate set-up is great, but just as with the swap to a four-barrel carburetor one must ask the question "why?" Rebuild those SUs quick and get 'em back on there

The only advantage I see to this is you might have more header options. Saw some pictures (RHD) posted of this intake with headers similar to the wild looking competition ones on S20's (but I couldn't find them this morning so maybe I don't remember correctly). Sidedraft carbs would interfere with those headers. But the brake stuff would probably interfere on a LHD car, since the primaries (especially the rear ones) take up most of the left side of the engine bay.

Saw those headers for sale in a Japanese magazine - mucho yen though.