IGNORED

stereo solutions

steveo77

PrOxLaMus,

You've got some kinda stereo set up in that Z. How many rear windows, or for that matter, any of your windows have you had to replace. LOL

Hope you listen to decent music and not that pounding rap junk that I here go by my house at 2 am:devious:

I like what you carry your stereo system around in.........a nice Z.

• 2 weeks later...

MSA sells a 6X9 replacement rear panel for the Z it was at $150 US and after shipping it and converting to Australian dollars it was too expensive for me but I decided to make my own. It turned out nearly the same it sure looks better than the cheap plastic original panel and it's very well hidden from prying eyes. The subwoofer box is mounted like prolaximus's unit but I only have 1 subby for now.

THe stock alternator was holding up well until 2 days ago I had the heater on the lights and the stereo. Not so good the lights went off for a second. I have a ZX internally regulating alternator but it's fryed I might try reconditioning that and putting that in as someone else suggested.

:)

If I can I'll take a photo of it soon.

I also built a 6x9 box like the one from msa. and it only costed me, get this, about 5 bucks to make. I just went to home depot and bought some hard board for about $5, and then used poster board to make a template, and did some cutting with my table saw. Then I used some smalll nails I had to put the box together. It looks much nicer then my old ripped up vinyl panel. I havnt installed it because I still need to get an amp for my 6x9s. I also need to cover it with fabric. I may still decide to but my 6x9s behind the seats of my car

• 1 month later...

Check out the install I made for my ZX, takes up less floor space than the rear panel setup, accomodates proper baffle volume and you dont have to worry about lifting your cargo over it. $24 including carpet and woofer covers(painted to match the inrerior)

http://www.hls30.com/hls30_011.htm

I will be putting one very similar to it in my 240 as the restoration progresses

Hey all

(dont run screaming scared of another million words of rubbish)

I like that install in the 280zx:) nice and neat....

I thought i'd update what i'm up to anyway(now you can run!)

I am having custom fibreglass doors made up as i type, they are being built to house a 6.5 inch, a 4.5 inch and a 2 inch tweeter, these fit comfortably with the correct staging... (this is actually a set of splits + a 4.5inch 2-way speaker) but will accomodate for some of the uppermarket companies that make a 3-way split (6.5, 4,2) speaker system.

Unfortunately my experiment with 280zx power window motors failed so i can't fit the 6.5inch 2 ways in to help reinforce midbass.(has anyone successfully converted to power windows, i understand there is a type of motor that will fit into basically any door, but have no idea which cars to pillage at the junkyard!)

------

For anyone that has investigated fibreglass work for car stero's, you will know it is NOT cheap.

Just incase any of you are interested i can have these door cards replicated for you, price would start at $550 for the pair+ shipping, covered in your choice of material for aruond $600 for the pair

i would take a guess and say there aren't many people THAT obsessed with their stero like me! but if anyone is interested, i'll have pictures in a week(when they are finished) so let me know if you want some posted)!

the 6.5 and the 4.5 inch are both being sealed at the back to prevent any phasing issues, and of course i'm using Fusion speakers. for under 900-1000 +p&s) you can have them speakers included.(around the cost you are likely to spend having door cards made up on their own at most places)

I dont suppose anyone is interested, but if you are... 0419993515, walkingpig@hotmail.com

:geek: