guy_geo

I checked nadaguide.com just for kicks.

Their values for a 1972 240Z (in US dollars):

MSRP = 4,106

Low Retail = 4625

Average Retail = 7,575

High Retail = 13,900

Here are their definitions:

Low Retail Value —This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is". Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value — This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

High Retail Value — This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

I think the Nissan Factory restored Z's went for 28k or so.

As always, the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve. The car I'm looking to buy is selling for 13 500$ CND (around 7 250$US).

The car was damaged by vandalism before but was extremely well restored. Many panels were punched with a sledgehammer and windows broken as well.

Car as Eibac srpings, urethane bushings, Tokico shocks, and 93 000 miles on it. Got a performance exhaust line also, no headers or mods made on the engine.

Saw the car, felt in love with it, but afraid of paying too much.

But the car has no rust what so ever on it.. a miracle in Montreal Canada...

So the price is in consequence I guest..

I'll see this spring...:confused: