IGNORED

Junk Yard Donor

Dtsnlvrs

Just gotta love Salvage Yards. I just picked up a 3.54:1 diff, And all four strut housings in great shape for $260. Now the wife will stop whining about the harsh ride from the coil-overs....seemed like a good thing to do at the time but now that she is pregnant with our first little one I no longer have the time to race. Sooooo, we are putting oem length struts back in with tokiko blue shocks and some older mullholland springs I have had laying around for years. Back to being a daily driver instead of a track car.

Russel,

Instead of going through all the hassel of replacing the strut assemblies, might I recommend just replacing the stiffer coilover springs for softer ones. Coilovers alone do not make for a harsh ride but the stiff spring on them do!!! Plus, when the little one is old enough to go to the track with you, you can put the stiff ones back in with little hassel. By the way, good score at the salvage yard.

Just a time saving suggestion to another Z nut. Good luck with the new family addition coming.

Ahh we considered this....I am running 150lb fronts with 175lb rears......cant get much softer than that.....the real problem is the solid aluminum block camber plates.....there is absolutely no rubber in my suspension...that is the real problem......besides...I am going to hang on to the coilovers and camberplates....a swap back in a few years would be rather simple.

Russell, I take it you have the old style camber plates that bolt into the original holes?

Oh, BTW, next time you're at Datsun Dynamics, you need to remind Brian D. who you are... he didn't know who I was talking about until I described your car....remembers your car, but not the owner....:cross-eye

Guess I'm not the only one losing my memory.LOL

Thats hilarious....I only go over there in the Z....was just there a couple of weeks ago....actually I have the Ground Control street prepared camber plates. They are a really slick set-up....just very rough ride...dont want to induce early labor on my wife.