Opinions on racing stripes?

26ounce

Racing stripes on Zs  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Racing stripes on Zs

• Like 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • Depends...

there are many styles colors variety of vinyl that you can use for stripes.

you want metallic they have that too.

if you dont like it and or you get disgusted with the look well just peel it off.

me ive seen a few that i do like and think that they are tastefully done. some i dont

in the end its all up to you and what you want.

like yellowbspz posted i like that style of striping with the cheveron stripes as ive heard them called. i think it goes back to the days of the BRE cars and looks awesome imo

• 2 weeks later...

You could always go with the Zapp Z look.

To me this is some of the coolest looking racing stripes ever.

I don't think I would ever go that route, but if I did it would look like this.

I modified this one slightly from the original. I didn't like how the black faded to the sunburst rainbow colors.

post-5160-14150793156236_thumb.jpg

I used to think Zs with stripes were just the coolest thing on the planet!!

I still think there are some MINT examples out there.. especially dark blues/black with white stripes..

but personally now.. my tastes have changed and now I love nothing more then a really bright primary colored Z or a really dark blue or black Z :D

i put my answer down as 'depends' tho.. cause I still see the odd Z with stripes of some variety and they can look great!

Originally posted by lordbiotree

Hello Guys TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!

My '71 240Z that I had when I was 18 (a "couple" of years ago :cross-eye ) had a stripe just like yours, except I split it down the middle with about a 1/8" separation. aRCH-Z would have liked it too - it was a fairly dark metallic blue and the stripe was white!

Originally posted by aRCH-Z

oooh! don't tell us that then not post a picture of it! sounds nice!

I wish I could. That car is LONG gone, and I've never come across a picture that I took of it. Long before digital cameras, I'm afraid, and I guess I never decided to spend film on it. It's a bummer, but what can you do...