Opinions on racing stripes?

26ounce

Racing stripes on Zs  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Racing stripes on Zs

• Like 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • Depends...

I think the colors are important more than the style or placement of the stripes. Done right I think they really add to the cars styling, but in the wrong color they seem to pull your eye away from the lines of the car and it seems to become just another car with stripes...

When I repainted the '71 240Z that I had as a teenager (a "few" years ago :classic: ), I painted it blue with two white stripes that came together at the tip of the hood bulge, and followed the bulge back over the top of the car and down to the edge of the hatch. Had about a 1/4 inch separation between the stripes. Looked great! I wouldn't do that to my current Z, and at my current age :ermm: , but it was cool back then.

>>>I wouldn't do that to my current Z, and at my current age , but it was cool back then<<<

Yes, it is a bit immature! But I live a very responsible life and run a very responsible business and have a very responsible wife and live in a very responsible house and drive very responsible cars. The Z--and its fat stripes--are my only ability to vent. My Z HAS to be outrageous! It is an interesting juxtaposition to the rest of my life. People who otherwise know me are usually quite shocked when they happen upon me in the Z!

Wait till you see the color scheme on the new one! I am doing diagonal stripes with some very...ummm......immature colours. I am using the M3 GTR in the September issue of Sports Car International as a model. Sorry, no pix.

Now that you mention it, I just got home from work and am feeling a bit responsible. I think I will go drive the Z somewhere!

steve77