IGNORED

Fuse Boxes

texasz

Are the fuse boxes from all the 240Zs the same (i.e. '70-'73 all the same) or where there differences? If not the same can someone please tell me what the differences were?

I have an early '71 (8/70 production date) that has a melt in the fuse box and I have a '73 parts car with a good fuse box.

I've never directly compared the two boxes themselves, but I know that the earlier ones are "short pigtail" and the later ones the "long pigtail". This refers the the harness that comes out of the box and attaches to the dash wiring harness. The one for the early boxes is only a couple inches, and for the later boxes, I think it's more like a foot.

Originally posted by mdbrandy

I've never directly compared the two boxes themselves, but I know that the earlier ones are "short pigtail" and the later ones the "long pigtail". This refers the the harness that comes out of the box and attaches to the dash wiring harness. The one for the early boxes is only a couple inches, and for the later boxes, I think it's more like a foot.

Actually, it is the opposite. Earlier cars (70-71) had the long pigtail fuse boxes, while the later (72-73) had the short pigtail fuse boxes.

I, too have not compared detail for detail between the two types of fuse boxes so I can't help you there. Sorry

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

Actually, it is the opposite. Earlier cars (70-71) had the long pigtail fuse boxes, while the later (72-73) had the short pigtail fuse boxes.

Rats. Thanks for the correction Carl. I should have looked at my picture library first instead of relying on the old, failing memory :stupid: .

The attached picture is not very good, but shows the long pigtail from my car with the fuse box in the lower left corner.

post-4028-14150793004231_thumb.jpg

TexasZ,

Let me guess which circuit melted down .... Third one down on the right side, the dash/tail light circuit. Am I right??? I have 2 early 240's a 1970 and a 1971. Both melted down in that same circuit. MSA is coming out with a more modern replacement for the fuse boxes. The "Long Pigtailed" version, which is correct for an early car, is supposed to be available in October. At $199, it is not cheap, but neither are used ones that could suffer the same fate.

I am keeping the stock one on the 70 show car, but going with the MSA model when its available for the 71 racer.

Anyone out there tried one of these? The later "short pigtailed" version was supposed to be available first.

Marty