IGNORED

Perth paint shops

halz

No, he's over Greensborough way.

That Candy Apple Red looks bloody nice though doesn't it? Thinking of getting your beast in that colour?

I'm interested to hear what you have to say about different paint brands Cuong, I saw some House of Kolor stuff and it looked OK... that was to my eye though and I'm no pro..

Originally posted by Z Kid

If you guys think you can go out with no skills and get a good paintjob, you are fooling yourselves, I have painted three cars, all with the help/advice of a friend who is a boat spray painter at various stages, and sure it looks easy but its not.

I've painted more than 3 cars with no help or advice from anyone The first being my old 240z 10 years ago and the paint job was awesome. Its not really that hard.

Each to their own, but money says a spraypainter could walk up to that car and pick faults from 10 yards. I am sure for what you wanted it was acceptable, and probably for most people it would have been good, but and i say but, only the owner of the car knows just how perfect they want their car to be.

It is easy to spray paint, the difficult part is getting it perfect in the end, so no-one can come up and pick any flaws. Polishing and rubbing back is great, but a good spray job will have the car coming out looking awesome before you drag out the old wet rub.

And if its a metallic colour, its a whole different kettle of fish.

I've painted metallic finished also. I'm sure i could walk up to a freshly painted panel shop car and find faults too. Then thers the stuff you dont see. Like the masses of bog. And painting over cars that have already stared to rust from being left as bare metal for too long.

If you cant paint a car fine. Just dont tell me i cant do a good job. It was better tha the finish you find on all new cars.Its not difficult to get it perfect if you take your time preparing the car. Most people (pannels shops included) dont take the time. Time is money, and the quicker they can get cars painted and out the door the more money thay can make.

If you want a really good paint job you can pay a paint shop thousands of dollars to do it, or you can do it yourself for the cost of the paint.

F@#% acceptable. I wanted it perfect so i did it myself.

Originally posted by Gee

No, he's over Greensborough way.

That Candy Apple Red looks bloody nice though doesn't it? Thinking of getting your beast in that colour?

I'm interested to hear what you have to say about different paint brands Cuong, I saw some House of Kolor stuff and it looked OK... that was to my eye though and I'm no pro..

I'd love to color my Z in candy apple red but I think that will come later when it's not a daily driver / hack :), I also love Ferrari red and when it's polished up and clean boy doesn't it look fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...