IGNORED

Turn signals again!

drunkenmaster

The on/off is made by two fingers behind the steering wheel.If the steering wheel has been replaced or an alignment shop did not leave you with a car that drives straight when the steering wheel is----That could be your trouble.If you turn the wheel in different positions and try the signal does it change your trouble?Oh, its not the switch.It doesn't have the strength to turn itself on or off.It's good.

How big or your steering wheel is it the original wheel or a smaller sports one?

If you have gone with a smaller wheel you may find it is the source of your problem and you will need a custom set up to compensate for the smaller wheel.

Sorry don't know exact name of the parts you'd need to change.

Its the standard wheel, I think i need to open up the assembly as the stalk/indicator switch is physically not catching well in either direction. You know in modern cars how the indicator snaps into place? well there is none of that, its just a sloppy lever.

As for the the indicator cancel switches most of you are referring to (where the turn signals cancel when you turn the wheel back towards centre after turning), I didnt even know they existed on these cars so they definately arent working either in this or any other Z i have owned.

You've been deprived :).

While your at it the pass switch on the indicator can be easily fixed they come undone by not being long enough in length I think you'll see it when u remove the s/wheel. just extend it a little solder it back and you can flash your high beams just like new cars cool huh?

Not for us 240z owners though LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine does a similar thing. The lever moves with relatively little resistance in both directions for a fair few cm and will generally stay there, but wont turn the indicators on. You gotta push it just a little further, but against a fair bit more resistance for them to turn on. Is this a common thing?

I think I'll have a go at pulling apart and cleaning the switch when I get my car back (which should be next week.....all chassis work FINALLY finished!!! :D ).