IGNORED

2 brackets...what are they for?

240znz

Very good conversation, guys. Everyone loves to look at those photographs. I did not know that the bulkhead pressings came solid. The workmanship on the conversion looks pretty good IMHO. Liners for those boxes are on sale at this very moment http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=42612&item=2432492871

If I were you, I'ld do both arrangements.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Zs-ondabrain

but nobody showed the covers on the car

Excellent! Mine weren't on the car when I bought it (I found them in a box of junk the PO gave me), so this is the first time I've actually seen one installed!

sorry they're so dirty looking, its been a long two months and I just don't seem to have the time for cleaning anymore, but good news, I cleaned them today.

I'm actually thinking of retro fitting some of those lids onto my rear panel ( for storage use-or lack there of) but I'm torn about cutting into a near perfect deck.

It'll some some serious soul searching before I cut her up.

my girlfriend calls my 240 "the other woman" and funny thing is, she's kinda right. but luckily I haven't gone as far as humping the exhaust pipe or something. (haha)

Guys

At last I've got the replacement plastic tool boxes that I got off ebay. The seller decided to ship them surface mail (6 weeks!!) despite him charging me for air mail. Hmmmm........

As promised I'll post up some pictures of original/replacement as soon as I can. What I can say at present is that:

1) replacement plastic is thicker/more flexible (good)

2) replacement doesn't include the plastic hinges (bad unless you have a broken original set to take the hinges from

3) Grain/contour etc looks the same as original ( good)

Andrew