IGNORED

thoughts on my new idea :)

Walkingpig

Heya agian guys, 2 thought provokers for everyone to share their opinion on

my 240z -

decided on 350z Blue color as the paint

Considering 1 or 2 silver stripes down the length of the car, seen a few Z's like that and liked it

what do you think?

(given the bonnet vents will be chromed etc)

any suggestions as to ideas with the paint etc are quite welcome

at the same time here's another question

since i cant be bothered going all out on an rb26dett and having no money for the rest of my uni life....

i've decided RB20DET, but have heard mention that the (heracy coming) - 4cyl SR20DET is a lighter and better motor..

Is this true, which should i go for out of THOSE 2!!!!

all opinions welcome

I'd go one silver stripe about 6 inches wide on the opposite side of the drivers side. ie. not in the middle of the car.

I'd like a screaming SR20 over an RB. The SR engines have been proven over and over and can handle double the stock power output with little (if none at all) internal strengthening.

Having said that, bugger both those engines and get a V8.:love: Cheap as chips and hell-of-alot-of fun.

Hey Ozzy, if you look in my gallery you will see a 240 with an SR20det. I don't know much about the engine, but I saw a 510 with 0ne of these motors and I think it was pumping about 310 hp at the flywheel with no internal mods. Just a acu, turbo, and exhaust. The only problem I have with the SR20det is that there is so much wasted room under the Z bonnet.

Just get a 3.1 L-series with triple mikuni's. You could get 300hp easy with that engine and there would be little to none fabrication to make the engine fit.

Good luck with your car.

-Ben

Stick with the NA L engine. I went driving tonight with a couple of Z friends here in Melbourne and you shoulda seen this 240z with an NA L engine scream he said you could do it for around $3000.

Point is don't write off the L engine just yet.

Hey men, sorry, cookies or something are playing up at home, can't get anywhere cos it signs me out as soon as i load a new page?

as for the L series engine - haven't ruled it out

but its been port and polished, l28 something to do with fuel(240z carbs)

mild cam job, balanced and lightened flywheel...

so i assume things get expensive from there on, and its an older heavier engine :)

as for the paint - Ozzguy i'll get some concepts done my drawing tool (girls do ahve a use ;) (no offence girls)

sounds interesting!

and as for the SR, what can an SR handle stock, i have a mate with a stock internally Rb20DET that just ran 260rwKW! on the DDDYNO

so shrug, :)

Originally posted by Walkingpig

what do you think?

(given the bonnet vents will be chromed etc)

have you put a 280's bonnet on? - I personaly think it looks better with no vents (i.e. a 240 bonnet)

the colour looks nice on the 350 so it should look even better on a 240

and personally I would go with the RB as I don't like 4 bangers but you mentioned not having much money so be ready to spend around $5000 - $10000 for the conversion

I have an L28ET which is very hard to source as a whole in Australia, I had to get the manifolds seperate. Its not like the US where you can pick them up in junkyards as they were never released here and importers to not carry them.

As for the vented bonnet, I like the smooth look of the non-fluted/vented bonnet much better but Im wondering if the heat extraction provided may prove to be a necessity on a turbo motor.

i like the idea;

not sure bout the vents, however i have often regarded a deep metalic blue with well matched silver stripes to be one of my favorit colours for a z. that or a silver z with black stripes. However i have spent three years dreaming and still dont have a z yet.:cry: ....ill get there one day though

james

melb,aus