IGNORED

looking for a 1970 240z

looking for a z

Hi,

I am new to the z hobby. I have been in to old cars for about ten years. I am looking for a 1970 or 1971 dark green 240z with Beige interior , a/c and four speed.must be a turn key or need very little i like restoring cars but it is time to buy one that needs little to no work. I just missed out on one on ebay.

Thanks

kevin

go to your local Z club...it is possible they have seen one around. Yours should be http://www.mdzclub.org. I hope this is the closest to you as it was the only one I could find in Maryland. Find if they have a meeting time and go sometime and just ask one of the people in charge if they have seen one or if they can look out for them for you if they ever come across them. Thats my best advice. Unless you are willing to travel miles and such (then go around and look). Another thought would be to look in your local papers classified. Many times Zs will pop up on there. My last advice would be to go to a search engine and try to find Zs in you area that are put up for sale. Finding a certain color scheme may be hard, but best of luck

thanks for the help. I will try that I am willing to travel or have one shipped if it is the right car. I have emailed the club so i could join but the have never got back in contact with me. If you come find one in Fla let me know. It will be hard to find one in MD most are rusted out and in bad shape.

Thanks

Kevin

Hate to tell you this, but 240Zs rust everywhere. All 70s cars for that matter have rust issues. Someday when I go out looking for a 240Z I plan to buy one with tha color scheme. I will keep my eyes open for ya. But if you do find one....look really really close for rust. Minor rust many times leads to finding major rust somewhere else.

Originally posted by looking for a z

I have emailed the club so i could join but the have never got back in contact with me.

Kevin, I check MDZCLUB email, I have never received any email from you unless you emailed to Mark directly.

However, I haven't heard if anyone is selling a Z as you want.

Giedrius

Originally posted by looking for a z

I will email them again i might have emailed Mark direct. It has been awhile. When i went to look at you post there was a picture of a green z who ownes that one?

Well, I own a green 260Z. Are you talking about some other Z?

Well, you can ask me anything regarding MD Z Club. As I mentioned above, I check and usually respond to all email sent to MDZCLUB, unless it's directed to Mark or someone else at the club.