Everything posted by looking for a z
-
oil pressure guage problems
Hi to all that have answered my question. This is the latest on my end. I went in the dash through the heater control panel. It was not easy but it was the best way to go in. I removed the guage and fixed the lense. Put the guage back in and also installed a new oil pressure switch. The results i get now are as followed. I get 20 lbs. of pressure at idle and 70+ at 2000rpms. Please let me know if this is about right. I would also like to thank everyone for their help. It is nice to have some where to go for help. I hope i will become as good with z as i am with mustangs. Thanks Looking for a z( i found it):classic:
-
oil pressure guage problems
thanks to gav240z and zmefly for you info i will go through the heater controls it looks alot safer. Who is msa and is the oil pump inturnal or exturnal and how do you put the spring kit in. Thanks Looking for a z
-
oil pressure guage problems
Axtellz Thanks for the info. MY guage reads 70 when runningdown the road but when at idle it is at 0. I have enough oil in the car but am afraid to drive it untill i can fix it. I am new to the z thing it took me two years to find the one i was looking for. I don't know much about the z i have been working on mustangs for years. Can you tell me a good book to buy on the z. In reguards to removing the guage . I don't know if i could reach the guage by taking out the glove box my oil guage is the first guage by the steering wheel. Is there an easy way to test the guage? Can a nos guage be bought any where. Thanks looking for a z
-
oil pressure guage problems
HI, Thanks for the info i will give thoes things a try. What is the best way to remove the factory guage and fix the glass on the front of the guage. Also where can i get a new sending unit. Thanks Looking for a z
-
oil pressure guage problems
hi, to all I was driving my 71 240z today and the oil guage is fine while driving but when you come to a stop at a light the guage goes to zero. I have plenty oil in the car and i checked the connection on the sending unit it seems fine. I did notice that the glass on the guage is loose and it you tap on the glass the guage will move. How do i fix the glass in the guage and how do i get to the guage. Is the glass my problem with the guage or is is something other than that. Please help i am new to the z car. Thanks Looking for a z ( i have found one)
-
a/c help in my 71 240
Hi, I need help with my a/c in my 71 240z. When i bought the car the box under the dash for the a/c was gone the rest of the system is there. I would like to know if a box out of a 73 240 is the same as the 71. looking for a z ( have found one)
-
a/c questions HELP
hi, I just bought a 1971 240z. The car had dealer installed air. The only part of the a/c system that is missing is the distribution box under the glove box is missing. Can any one help me find the parts that i need to fix my a/c. Or is there an after market unit that i can install. Thanks Looking for a z(found one now)