Thermostat housing Sensors help - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Thermostat housing Sensors help

Featured Replies

Im replacing the thermostat and sensors, I cant figure out what one sensor is. I cant find a replacement that looks similar or has the right thread size. Also, How I do remove the Temp sending unit, do you just push it out from the inside?

280Z temp sensor layout.jpg

20260701_205842891_iOS.JPG

  • Author

Figured it out in my build post, but it doesnt look like I can delete my own post. Maybe someone will find this post in google in the future

The engine is not original to the car, its from a 280zx. I managed to find the sensor by looking up '280zx injector cooling fan sensor' and the first result was a part from zcardepot which looks just like it. So it sound like I can just ignore it

image.png

There are quite a few subtle differences between the two.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.