Rebuilt Boosters - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rebuilt Boosters

Featured Replies

I just got a couple of boosters back from a local business that rebuilds them. I also had one spacer available, and they cleaned that up, too. It wasn't cheap, but they turned them around in less than a week, and the servicing technician demonstrated functionality on their test rig. It's worth paying extra when you know they take pride in their work.

The one on the left is the original booster off my 260Z. The other booster is one that had been rebuilt before. I put it on the 73 and moved it over to the 74 when the original booster failed a few years ago. They even saved the Bendix sticker, though I wasn't worried about that.

Rebuilt Boosters.jpgRebuilt Boosters 2.jpgRebuilt Boosters 3.jpgRebuilt Boosters 4.jpg

i used Power Brake Exchange
they rebuilt my 70 booster

Looks Good, but havent used it yet.....

  • Author
1 hour ago, kickstand80 said:

What is the name of the business?

Harmon Classic Brakes

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Well I found one problem. I installed one of the boosters into the 73, and it really demonstrates how much I need to clean up the rest of the engine bay.

😐

  • Author
21 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

oreilly sells rebuilt ones - why not just pick one of those up?

Because it's good to get a part rebuilt by people who actually care about their workmanship.

I realized I should add some detail to this. As I mentioned before, one booster was on the 260Z when I bought it. As far as I could tell, it was OEM. The other booster was a rebuilt booster that was probably purchased from RockAuto. When I picked up the boosters, the technician commented that the one that had the sticker (260Z original) was original while the other booster probably was rebuilt by A1 Cardone as he found broken tabs that he has experienced before with A1 Cardone. They even provided me with all of the parts removed from the old boosters so I could inspect them if desired. I dropped the boosters off on a Wednesday, and I received a call the following Monday saying they were ready. Unlike rebuilt boosters you get from part stores, Harmon blasts the booster and repaints it. Things like that matter to me.

On the cheap/fast/good triangle, they are very much on the fast/good side, but considering that I'm getting tired of swapping boosters, I don't mind at all.

Edited by SteveJ

  • Author
8 hours ago, DrFeelGood said:

Brake booster you say?

My Mechanics

He made it look easy. However, IMHO he should have chased the threads instead of using a die.

After watching that video, I'm happy that I had people with specialized knowledge rebuilding my boosters.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.