IGNORED

Bleeding Breaks

Ivan

Hi,

I have bent and flared all new break lines and have bleed the rear breaks with no trouble but the front ones won't even come out of the master cylinder bleeder outlet, any ideas?

Thanks,

Ivan

Sorry I'll try again,

I have made new break lines,

the master cylinder has been reconditioned by a break shop,

I bleed the rear lines, no problems,

nothing happens when I try the front ones,

so I tried the master cylinder bleed valves, the primary reservoir (that feeds the front breaks) nothing happens,

I thought maybe the rod that comes out of the (power break booster, vacuumed booster, break booster, what ever you want to call it) that goes into the master cylinder wasn't coming far enough back to allow fluid to come out of the primary reservoir. (I was told this is called clearance)

on closer inspection I noticed a notch in that rod that limits how far back that rod goes into the break booster,

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Ivan

I'm stumped as to what it could be to tell the truth... unless they got something wrong in one of the seals in the master when the rebuilt it...:disappoin

I'd have to say if it isn't air trapped in the slave of the master cylinder.. then maybe something is wrong with the master...:ermm: If you are getting good pressure to the rear, there may be something wrong in the slave in the master that is not allowing fluid to get into the cylinder from the reservoir.

Might be worth disconnecting the pipes to see how far the fluid is getting to.

Start with the master cyclinder to see if you are getting anything going into the pipe from there. Maybe a blockage with rubbish or air.

biker

here is something I just thought of... do u have the lines connected to the maqster cylinder correctly? The front (closest to the radiator) master outlet goes to the rear brakes and the front brakes should be connected to the oulet on the master cylinder closest to the firewall.

In other words front goes to back brakes and rear outlet goes to front brakes. :alien:

Hi, thanks for your replies,

I didn't know how the break balancer was supposed to be hooked up (I bought the car with every thing already pulled apart) so is this correct (see attached picture)

I've got a air compressor break bleeder I can try, if that doesn't work I will pull it all apart again and see if there is anything obvious.

Thanks,

Ivan

post-1428-14150792809571_thumb.gif