IGNORED

History repeats itself....you would think we'd learn!!

thefastestz

*DROOLS* any 350 would float my boat, even if there was a hole in the roof. sunroofs can be a plearsurable add-on, you know, get some fresh air and a view of the stars, of course you could just roll down the window, and HEY YOUR DRIVING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING STARRING OUT THE ROOF??? :finger:

-ZAch

Carl cracks me up, I like the 350z but today I went to Nissan walked into the parts department and thought gee I'm glad I don't have to deal with the wankers at car yards etc.. If I had a new car I'd have to all the time but since I was just ordering a Z part it was ok despite the long delay finding the thing.

I looked at the 350z thought it's nice new etc.. then i looked at my 240z and thought for it's age the condition is so great and it's just so classic. I'm glad I own a 240z not a 350z.

:classic:

Gavin,

I totally agree with your last paragraph. Like I've said before, the 350Z is one heck of a performer, but it still looks ugly to me!!! 240's will always be the best looking Z's, IMO. Let's face it, how many cars have the style and class of a 30+ years old 240Z. Everytime I take my 240 out for a drive, you see people turning heads. You gotta love them!!!

according to 240ZX ...

Let's face it, how many cars have the style and class of a 30+ years old 240Z.

um, maybe OTHER cars from the early 70's, and earlier. like my '72 mercedes 280SE. people stare when i drive it. i don't like the staring. heh

I think its funny how most responses I've heard about the 350z is a dislike for the cars look. But it seems to come mainly from old Datsun/Nissan lovers. The majority of car fans not specific to the old Zcar actually like the looks of the car. I think most of us wanted something that looked even more like the old Z. I hated the look at first, but it has grown on me, especially the side profile.

I guess it makes since.

Most old mustang lovers can't stand the modern 5.0. Most old camaro guys can't stand new camaros either, probably why they don't make them anymore.

I just think old Zcar fans won't give the new car an unbiased chance considering the love of their classic Z.

Maybe I'm wrong, it could be we just like old cars in general and don't like the styling of most new cars.

I don't think that's the totality of it though. My guess would be if it was the new skyline design and not a Z replacement it would be a little more accepted.

Just my opinion.

I like the new Z. The tail-lights and headlights took some getting use to, but now that I've seen it in

person I like 'em. The door handle would have been much better if it was flush.

My big gripe with the car is the engine. I love Inline Six's, but don't care too much for V-6's. They

have/had a perfectly good engine in the RB26 and should have choose it.

P.S. I'm a victim of a Sun-roofed 240Z. I'm looking to get the entire roof replaced soon. Whoever

punched a hole in the roof of that 350Z should be kept from breeding, if you know what I mean...

9342063.jpg