IGNORED

Seat Belt Release Access Solution

zKars

Well here we are again. 

I put some lovely new seats in my 510, and a new console (whole ‘nother thread) and now find it hard to get my hand or finger down between the console and the belt buckle to push the big red button to release the belt. The ol’ thumb will fit kinda backwards and push it, but not without a scrap or rub. 

So what to do about it? First thought was to add a small extension to the end of the belt where it bolts to the floor to lengthen the mount and get the end up higher. 

But then, one day while perusing Amazon, there magically did appear, the solution to my problem. No I did NOT discuss out loud giving Google a chance to help me. 

Did not realize these would exist.

IMG_0143.jpeg

• Wow 1

Posted (edited)

I knew “Seat belt extensions” were a thing, but in a bit of a uncomfortable way for the “circumferentially challenged” shall we say, but did not realize you could get really short ones. Well you can.

Here are the proof of the success of these little gems. All $17 bucks worth

Another solution to yet another challenge in the custom car world.

And check out the pretty seats…

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9881.jpeg

IMG_9882.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Yarb said:

@zKars Are those seats Recaro LX or LS series seats?

LX-B seats. Rolla Resources on Facebook does them. They take old ones and make new ones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

Love the seats!  Love the console! And seat heaters??

More info please, maybe in the 510 section?

The console is from a late model Subaru Impreza.  Just cuz it has seat heater buttons does not mean they are hooked up….  Better than than empty holes in the console

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@zKars I am not on Facebook but I can have the wife look them up. Were you able to find a set with the wire mesh head rests? Would love to see moe pics of the seats. Thanks friend 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yarb said:

@zKars I am not on Facebook but I can have the wife look them up. Were you able to find a set with the wire mesh head rests? Would love to see moe pics of the seats. Thanks friend 

Here is a screen shot of the first post they just put up.   Nice headrests.

IMG_0150.png

IMG_0151.png

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

Here is a full shot of my seats.

Thin flat bottoms. Simple four bolt mounting. Light and comfy

Beware of statements on their site about “Leather”. They mean “Really really great quality synthetic leather”, but not leather…..

IMG_9591.jpeg

• Like 3