IGNORED

Parts Wanted: ISO Warning Buzzer & 3-Wire Door Switch - 1973 240z

Matthew Abate

ISO Warning Buzzer & 3-Wire Door Switch - 1973 240z

I am looking for a working buzzer for a 1973 240z and the 3-wire door ajar switch that makes it work with the steering lock switch. This buzzer sounds when the key is on while the door is open. The 3-wire switch completes the circuit for the buzzer if both conditions are met.

See photos for examples.

Preferably NOS, but nice working condition will work. Please keep your fees reasonable. I have a source for these already but am looking for them in nicer condition.

• Advertiser
    Matthew Abate
  • Date
    03/11/2024
  • Price
  • Category
  • Year
  • Model
    240z

The 73 buzzer is a different animal. I haven't studied the other wiring diagrams enough to know if it was used earlier. According to the factory wiring diagram, the buzzer @Matthew Abate is looking for has 3 wires. Two are positive feeds, diode isolated, and one ground wire. One of the positive wires goes through a set of normally closed contacts at the driver's side door switch. Those contacts are connected to two of the 3 wires on that switch. Only one of the wires on the driver's door switch grounds on the switch.

Posted (edited)

Well looky here.

yes, it works. The most miserable little annoying buzz ever

Been outside attached to this pedal box for ages.  

IMG_8943.jpeg

IMG_8945.jpeg

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8947.jpeg

IMG_8948.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh for heavens sake. 

Now that I know what I’ looking for, all of these are labelled as “Horn”and have the same connector.

Also found another style of early buzzer

Do NOT ask me why I didn’t just look at Matthew’s picture in the original post for this ad to see what I was looking for…   Old people, jeez….

IMG_8951.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Haha 1