IGNORED

Electronic Heater Control Valve

Zatarra

I see a few posts regarding fixing the original heater control valves.  Unfortunately I don't have that option anymore but has anyone tried the electronic heater control valves?  I see two options, a bypass version and a standard version but I don't know which route to go if anyone would be better for the engine.  Considering the strong feelings about blocking off the coolant lines whenever someone deletes the heater core.  

The standard version would just prevent the flow when set to cold (similar to OEM) vs the bypass version is supposed to route the coolant back when set to cold. 

https://autoacsolutions.com/products/heater-control-valves/electronic-bypass-heater-control-valve-with-rotary-switch-for-datsun-nissan-200sx-240z-260z-280z-280zx-310-510-720-pickup-4runner-maxima-pathfinder-sentra/

https://tomsoffroad.com/parts/66-77-ford-bronco-electronic-heater-control-valve?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtJKqBhCaARIsAN_yS_nslsHrg8iEKvyYFpBPYYlFkKeowtIuIh6l53LFIB1RRR2VVM65RPsaAsd3EALw_wcB

What are your thoughts?

I like the Bronco shutoff valve.

Nissan used a vacuum-controlled shutoff valve in their 280Z's.  Completely blocked coolant flow through the heater core.  Your Bronco valve combines the function of the vacuum cokc and the water cokc.

image.png