IGNORED

Just Stumbled Upon The HOLY GRAIL of Mirrors

Richie G

Ok, so like many of us I have been dealing with a previous owner that put a driver side oem mirror on the passenger side.  As expected looks close, but useless for actually seeing anything.  Well I was contemplating getting a friend to 3d print a new "base" so the stalk would align correctly when you flip the glass around.  i was digging through some old posts here about the angle of the stalk etc and came upon this one:

and down about halfway was an ebay listing from 2021 showing this mirror

s-l1600.jpg

and what intrigued me was the RH and part number ending in 2 rather than 1.  So i worked out a deal with the guy to get the last one he had even though as @Patcon you wrote "noticed his ad stating won't work on the passenger side".  Well my thinking was if this truly is a RH made mirror for those markets then what they mean is the same as what we deal with, you can't buy 2 and flip one to the other side.  So i took a shot and BINGO!

image.jpeg

it actually leans towards the glass a perfect match to the typical driver side ones most of us have.

I was so excited to post I forgot to clean my wife's cat hair from the couch!  So moral to this story is if you look for that part number you can find the RH OEM mirror, it just takes some luck.

• Like 3