IGNORED

Seatbelt extensions

z3beemer

I'm looking for some suggestions to buy or make seatbelt extensions for my 73 240Z.  I'm looking for something like the airlines use that have the buckle on one end and the male tab on the other end.  I would like to be able to attach it to the inner side of the belt (the trans tunnel side) when needed.  I don't really want to replace the original belts.  I would like to get a pre-made ones, (again like the airlines use) or if I can find tabs and buckles that would work with the factory belts, I can have them made.  Anyone know components that would work on the factory belts or have any suggestions to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Wesco Performance sells seat belt extensions...

www.wescoperformance.com

Better yet, get them to supply full replacements for your OE belts.  If you need extra length, they can probably work with you on that.

FWIW, your 50-year-old OE belts will probably be worthless at collision speeds beyond 20 mph.  The problem lies with edge fraying and material degradation (sunlight, sir pollution).

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...