IGNORED

Firewall tab-- points up or down?

Warty

I am at the point where I'm ready to install snaps in my replacement firewall and replacement carpet. I have references photos. I did some dry fitting last night in the car. From that, it looks like this little tab that I thought was always bent downwards, to hold carpet from slipping "up"/forward, is actually supposed to be bent up, to... hold up the firewall? 

With the carpet I have at least, the carpet pretty must must come this far forward. So that the pedal bracket rests right at the bottom of the "big toe" crack, and the back of the carpet rests up against the seat support (but is not curled up there). 

Just wanted to check this is all good and expected before I start placing snaps. Thanks!

image.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-16 at 2.43.13 PM

image.png

Glad to hear it, as I couldn't see how it would be helpful / workable the other way around. I have only, conversely, seen them pointing down (from random online searches, not in real cars). 

image.jpeg

Bring a Trailer 1970 240z auction # 13:
image.jpeg