Advice for inertia kill switch - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Advice for inertia kill switch

Featured Replies

I'm installing a 4psi electric fuel pump for triple Webers and am going with Ford inertia switch, in the past when I have done this I have always used the switch to kill the positive side but now I'm wondering if there aren't some benefits to killing the negative side instead.  The neg lead is isolated from the metal housing.

Any thoughts?

 

IMG_2309.JPG

Either way you break the circuit and stop the pump if the inertia switch is tripped.

If any of the wire on the negative side of the pump before the switch gets pinched and grounded the switch won't help.  Unless you mount it close to the pump.  So, at least be careful with how you run the ground wire.

Edited by Zed Head

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.