IGNORED

1978 280Z - Won't restart when hot, all interior gauges, fan motor, backlighting not working

NocturnalEmber

On 11/8/2023 at 11:17 AM, SteveJ said:

Start 3 new threads. 

1. Blower motor
  2. Turn signals
  3. Parking lights

They are 3 different circuits, and you don't need the great unwashed in the peanut gallery steering you down rabbit holes.

Threads have been created; I appreciate everyone's help here in this one, and ideally I won't need to post in this one anymore, though after I get the car out of the garage I intend to let it run for a few minutes and get up to temperature to more closely get an idea of how it sits; All I established after I replaced the distributor was the car now seems to be at 1,500 rpm at a cold start, and responds well to throttle input, which is hopefully a good sign the issue is rectified, though I still need to replace some things for good measure such as the vacuum lines, etc.  While I'm at it, can anyone recommend whether this kit is worth buying?

The lines look like they have thick side walls which should minimize kinking, and after re-doing the sequential turbo system in my RX-7 this is a walk in the park, but any feedback on this kit would be appreciated, or recommendations on another one, too.

https://hpsimotorsports.com/collections/datsun-280z-silicone-vacuum-hose-kits/products/hpsi-silicone-vacuum-hose-kit-datsun-280z-and-zx-1978-1983

If you don't have factory AC, you're paying for many hoses that you don't need.

I responded to your threads on the blower motor and turn signals. I didn't see one on the parking lights. If you did create it, tag me in the thread so I can find it.

6 hours ago, SteveJ said:

If you don't have factory AC, you're paying for many hoses that you don't need.

I responded to your threads on the blower motor and turn signals. I didn't see one on the parking lights. If you did create it, tag me in the thread so I can find it.

The car does have factory AC as far as I can tell.   I didn't make one with the parking lights yet, but I will do that now.