Low voltage to speakers? - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Low voltage to speakers?

Featured Replies

  • Author

I was able to find the model number - the head unit is a Pioneer DEH-6300UB

It doesn't seem to be an impedance mismatch

image.png

1 hour ago, chaseincats said:

I was able to find the model number - the head unit is a Pioneer DEH-6300UB

From the owner's manual:

"Use speakers over 50 watt output value, between 4 and 8 ohm rating."

I see in the specifications the output is 50 watts into 4 outputs (two front, two reatr).

The Rockford Fosgate speakers you have had fail twice are rated at 30 watts and 4 ohms.

 

These might be better suited to the stereo:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647KSC40/Kicker-47KSC404.html?tp=105

 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Racer X said:

From the owner's manual:

"Use speakers over 50 watt output value, between 4 and 8 ohm rating."

I see in the specifications the output is 50 watts into 4 outputs (two front, two reatr).

The Rockford Fosgate speakers you have had fail twice are rated at 30 watts and 4 ohms.

 

These might be better suited to the stereo:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647KSC40/Kicker-47KSC404.html?tp=105

 

These speakers showed up at my place the other day so if the wattage was the problem, this should fix it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9T0RJU?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

 

Just out of curiosity, why would lower wattage speakers in this car fail?

1 minute ago, chaseincats said:

Just out of curiosity, why would lower wattage speakers in this car fail?

Because they are overdriven by the amp?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
20 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Because they are overdriven by the amp?

Sorry, when you said owners manual, I was thinking about the car's harness capability.  Disregard

Looks like the mystery has been solved!

4 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

Sorry, when you said owners manual, I was thinking about the car's harness capability.  Disregard

Looks like the mystery has been solved!

I asked previously if the speakers were using the OEM wires or have proper dedicated wires been installed from the stereo to the speakers, and you never responded.

Do you know which it is? It is important too.

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I asked previously if the speakers were using the OEM wires or have proper dedicated wires been installed from the stereo to the speakers, and you never responded.

Do you know which it is? It is important too.

Sorry I missed that - It's OEM wiring

34 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

Sorry I missed that - It's OEM wiring

No worries.

If the OEM setup was mono, then using it would not provide stereo, and may also lead to the premature failure of the speakers.

 I strongly suggest you get some speaker wire and run dedicated right and left circuits to the speakers.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.