IGNORED

What I did the other day '23

siteunseen

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I found this at a yard sale last weekend, $5 and it is flawless. 

My birth year but if someone in Alabama has a '69 automobile I'd consider letting it go for a "year of manufacture" which is legal in many states. I have a '72 plate on my 240.20230301_192639.jpg

Screenshot_20230301-193537_Gallery.jpg

I took the tag frame off I remembered, looks better to me. 

Screenshot_20230301-194248_Gallery.jpg

That is a score Cliff, five bucks for a useable plate for YOM registration.

Did I ever mention that I collect license plates?

I have a partly complete birth year run, 1956, also have municipal plates (this includes police car tags), personalized, state graphics, and plates from other countries.

Oh, and any plate from 1969.

• Like 1

I found front and rear plates from 1960 something in the ceiling of my garage. The guy that built the place was a mechanic and must have thrown them up there. Anyhow I traded both of those to Dr Tag in Georgia for a pristine 1972 Alabama tag, did the initial pay and paperwork now it's like a vintage tag. I won't have to pay another nickel for that car's plate nor the '77 280 which has the standard vintage plate as well as my '87 hardbody pickup. They get me for way more but I jab them when I can. LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I found front and rear plates from 1960 something in the ceiling of my garage. The guy that built the place was a mechanic and must have thrown them up there. Anyhow I traded both of those to Dr Tag in Georgia for a pristine 1972 Alabama tag, did the initial pay and paperwork now it's like a vintage tag. I won't have to pay another nickel for that car's plate nor the '77 280 which has the standard vintage plate as well as my '87 hardbody pickup. They get me for way more but I jab them when I can. LOL

Sweet.

I have permanent YOM registration on my 72, and will be doing the same for the other Zs I am keeping, as well as my 72 Camaro.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 8:36 PM, siteunseen said:

I found this at a yard sale last weekend, $5 and it is flawless. 

My birth year but if someone in Alabama has a '69 automobile I'd consider letting it go for a "year of manufacture" which is legal in many states. I have a '72 plate on my 240.20230301_192639.jpg

Screenshot_20230301-193537_Gallery.jpg

I took the tag frame off I remembered, looks better to me. 

Screenshot_20230301-194248_Gallery.jpg

69 was a great year! I knew I liked you for some reason! 😉

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:42 PM, Racer X said:

That is a score Cliff, five bucks for a useable plate for YOM registration.

Did I ever mention that I collect license plates?

I have a partly complete birth year run, 1956, also have municipal plates (this includes police car tags), personalized, state graphics, and plates from other countries.

Oh, and any plate from 1969.

I've seen some nice collections displayed as art in guy's offices. My dad had 1957 until he lost his man cave when my lovely mother divorced him. 

He was so angry he left them up on the walls and the property was sold. I was too young to realize the value. He used them to repair rotted gutters and holes that squirrels had eaten into the sofits.

I've been late to the hobby but never throw mine away and buy them at yard sales and trade day events. One day after I'm gone hopefully the new owner will keep it going. I've picked the nephew I want to get my stuff but it'll be a problem. He has 3 other brothers. LOL

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1