IGNORED

Fuel pump eccentric on a 2.8L

kcpope

10 hours ago, kcpope said:

I think that dutchz means that there is a plate missing. 

Thanks! yes... something like that.. the shade makes it a bit impossible to see it right.. picture gets a little blurred/muddled.. ( It looks like there is a plate missing and a little round plate is installed on one side? does not seem right....)

About "the master link" i believe these chains have the ends riveted as they don't need to be opened to get them off.

( Thanks, zedhead, you said it.. although the computer took: kcpope said.... ( see top this reaction)  pfff.. computers hey?  They talk nonsens..)

@Mike How is it possible that i couldn't see the message from kcpope yesterday now in front of my reaction i posted at 01:28 PM?  

I'm sure that it wasn't there yesterday just after noon..  Computers...pfff... 🙄

Oh.. and something else.. i have tested..  when i click some new topic on front page i sometimes could wait a minute, if i click then let the cursor go from hand to arrow and go back to hand on the topic i want (click and) it works within 2-3 seconds! WHY??  Someone mentioned this and i tested it and it works!

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
I probably have an eccentric laying around if you need one. Just PM me.

@emccallum any chance that offer still stands??

Sorry to revive an old thread. I’ve finally got the car on the ground and I’m getting ready to tinker with the engine. This means I’ll need to find an eccentric. I want to try the mechanical pump route first before having to mess with an electrical pump.

Hopefully @emccallim is still around somewhere, or anyone else who might have one to sell? Thx

e8b2c4f0e66be2ddf4b26c70be836b9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up, I think I remember some posts about aftermarket mechanical fuel pumps not working because the arm wasnt hitting the eccentric. Best to see if you can find an NOS one or if you have an original rebuild kits may still be around. I wish I could remember exactly what I went through to get an OEM rebuilt, but I recall having a large ziploc of parts and pieces. My car (72) does just fine with the mechanical only. A bit long to start after sitting, but no other issues. 

• Agree 1

I did buy this Nikki pump from ebay, but I cant recall if I just used parts out of it or swapped the hose connections. Chances are I spent too much time and money to get an OE pump to look and work properly!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163290448232

Thanks for the link. I do have my oem pump, which I will try and refurbish and use. If I need to buy the Nikki pump and scavenge parts off of it, I wlll[emoji1360]

I’ll update the thread as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk