IGNORED

Bumperette locations

Wally

In case someone else doesn't chime in with exact measurements, here are some reference pics and measurements from my set of 1971 OE bumpers.  The center line of the front bumperette bolt is about 18-1/2 inches from the center line of the bumper.  The center line of the rear bumperette bolt is about 15 inches from the center line of the bumper.  The pictures show the alignments relative to the surrounding body details - the outside edge of the front bumperette aligns with the inside edge of the headlight case, and the rubber side strip.  The outside edge of the rear bumperette aligns with the inside edge of the upper tail light lens indentation, and the rubber side strip.  You might want to mount the bumpers and visually fit the bumperettes for the best look, especially if there are any dimensional differences with your (I'm assuming) non-OE bumpers.

Hope this helps!

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 69,000 something vin # '72 bumperettes location as I viewed the OE bumpers. Rear is in my storage building front is on my 280. Anyhow the rear hole was one and 3/4" center to center...

20221204_105140.jpg

20221204_105113.jpg

Front was 20" from the edge of the side of the bumper to the center of the bumperette hole. Hope this helps, kinda half arse but it's another feather in the hat.

20221204_105403.jpg

• Agree 1