1971 240 radiator factory finish? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1971 240 radiator factory finish?

Featured Replies

I've searched and searched but could not find an answer to this.  I am in the process of a refresh and sent the original, stock radiator to the local rad shop for hot tanking and minor leak repair.  When I picked it up, the shop had given it a fresh coat of gloss black paint.  I assume that the factory finish was satin black?  Anybody know for sure?

  • Author

Really hard to tell from that picture, but appears satin to me?

I find that the gloss paints like rustoleam dull down over time to appear more satin like

I painted my two '69s a satin gloss.  Almost but not shiny.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.