IGNORED

tachmeter bulb replacement

kully 560

7 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Not sure how a light emitting DIODE can not be polarity sensitive.  It's part of the definition isn't it?

I have actually seen this in the wild. The Auxito H4 headlamp bulbs don't care about polarity. I installed them in a 280ZX without relays, and so did another person I know. Like the S30s, the 280ZX has one positive and two negative wires, switching the ground for high and low beam, and the those bulbs would switch between high and low beam. I even bench tested them with a 12VDC power supply and got the same results. Now could that happen with a BA9 bulb? I'm not sure.

thanks for the help, but with only being able to work from under the dash because of the dash cover it might be almost impossible to change the sockets.  I did use your suggestion steve on the auxito h4 headlight bulbs with great success and I did change all the rest to led bulbs with no problem, except I did leave the turn signals original.

I did just check and the ba9s led bulbs that I am using are polarity sensitive.  I will need to look into a non-sensitive green led bulb if there are any out there to be had. like steve said the last 2 are in the speedo and must be wired backwards. good call steve . thanks kully

2 hours ago, kully 560 said:

I did just check and the ba9s led bulbs that I am using are polarity sensitive.  I will need to look into a non-sensitive green led bulb if there are any out there to be had. like steve said the last 2 are in the speedo and must be wired backwards. good call steve . thanks kully

This might work for you. If you try it, let us know. https://www.amazon.com/Ruiandsion-Interior-License-Reading-Non-polarity/dp/B07JMY7Q8J

thanks for the help, but I did start with the green color so I would not have to remove the lens. but I did just find on super bright web site the non- polarized green led replacements. I will look around a little more before I order.  when I do install the new led bulb, I will let everybody know how I made out with the install.  I really find it hard to believe Nissan would wire the speedo gauge in reverse, that just does not make any sense. thanks

15 minutes ago, kully 560 said:

I did find the brand Keiurot brand on amazon with different colors. I did order the green color they are non -polarity so they should work cheaper than superbright with the prime shipping. they have some good reviews so time will tell.

I'm glad you could find green ones. I was just doing a quick search. I hope you ordered the 23mm long ones. Those will fit inside the lenses.

24 minutes ago, kully 560 said:

well, I did finish the speedo and tach with the non -polarity type led bulbs and all is working.  if anybody is going to do the upgrade with the leds for the gauges it seems that the non- polarity is a must. thanks for all the help

Post a link to the bulbs you bought.

• Like 2