IGNORED

s130 patch panels

tcc3

I just got a 280zx, and it needs a few rust repairs. Im having trouble sourcing patch panels. I see s30 patch panels in several shops, but no one seems to carry them for the s130. Any suggestions? For now I need a front lower fender panel, but I imagine I will need more as time and repairs go on.

Is there a source for these? Are people custom fabbing them from sheet metal? Complete panel replacement?

No, apparently our 280ZX’s are not worthy yet. There’s a place or two that make floor pans and rails but they are not good reproductions. Maybe ClassicFab will eventually.

There is one site I know that sells used parts for the ZX and Z’s but but I’m really not sure what to think of them. Most things seem over priced and over touted on their condition, but then there really isn’t any body else that collecting parts to sell for them.

https://maseraticompound.com

What makes me wonder about them is crap like this. They do say one is not OEM. 81347bd8660f432dc963f7d56c0e60a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/15/2022 at 11:21 PM, tcc3 said:

I just got a 280zx, and it needs a few rust repairs. Im having trouble sourcing patch panels. I see s30 patch panels in several shops, but no one seems to carry them for the s130. Any suggestions? For now I need a front lower fender panel, but I imagine I will need more as time and repairs go on.

Is there a source for these? Are people custom fabbing them from sheet metal? Complete panel replacement?

Ive spoken to the owner of KF vintage JDM and he has S130 patch panels in the pipline, timeframe unknown unfortunately.