OT: BMW design question...

Zvoiture

BMW M-Coupe:  

20 members have voted

1. 1. BMW M-Coupe:

• Ugly
    • Beautiful
    • What's an M-coupe?

Since everyone HERE has perfect taste in automobile design, I am curious what 1st gen Z owners think of the BMW M-Coupe? I think it is a gorgeous car, but most of my non-Z friends consider it an atrocious design. My wife calls it a 'pregnant guppy'.

Am I alone?

steve77

I think they look great until you see human beings sitting in them.

Soon as a normal sized person sits in one it starts to look a little claustrophobic in there. Are the seats too far away from the floor or something ( or are all the drivers I see in them just sitting on their inflated egos? ).

Give me the Coupe over the Roadster any day, though. The Coupe is also about twice as stiff torsionally and has consequently far superior handling.

I love 'em, but if I was lucky enough to have one I think I'd want to look like I was sitting in it rather than on it.

Alan T.

Maybe I'm just getting old or something, but to me the new designs BMW are coming out with are pitiful!!! Have the new age of designers been spending too much time playing video games and such or have they a lack of talent and creativity. Come on, look at the funny style lines on the sides of the Z4! What inspired those? The M coupe, well it just look strange. It's really sad too, because BMW's are great performance cars with great reliability. So, what's happened with the looks department? Glad I own an early Z. Now they look great!!! But that's just one man's opinion!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Thanks for the photos Lachlan.

Can't say that I like either of them though mates.

I agree with 240ZX. The BMW styling has gone to pot.

240ZX, I must point out your statement "Glad I own an early Z. Now they look great!!! But that's just one mans opinion", is incorrect.

We ALL own early Zeds. We would ALL think they look great. Therefore we would ALL share your opinion mate.

Zeds certainly have better styling than those BMW's, that's for sure.

Rick.

Originally posted by 1 Bravo 6

240ZX, I must point out your statement "Glad I own an early Z. Now they look great!!! But that's just one mans opinion", is incorrect.

We ALL own early Zeds. We would ALL think they look great. Therefore we would ALL share your opinion mate.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you BOTH!

It's not one man's opinion, nor everyone on this board's opinion, it's the gospel truth!!!! :love: