IGNORED

78 280Z Want Start

James Que

Back at again. Listen to the cranking of the engine and advise me of what's missing to keep it from starting. Also, at the start of video you will hear knocking from the engine, if you know where that come from or caused by will help.  The plugs are firing and the firing order is correct. All other electrical compontents check out. Thanks

Maybe the clicking/knocking noise is the fuel pump.  Not turning.  The engine does not seem to be spraying any fuel.

You did not mention fuel pressure.  Very important.

31 minutes ago, James Que said:

The plugs are firing and the firing order is correct. All other electrical compontents check out.

• Like 1

Clicking could be anything, most likely electrical like a relay. Where in the engine bay is it coming from? I am with @Zed Head it's fuel related. definitely see if you are getting fuel pressure. Maybe a simple way to see if you are getting any fuel is to pull the plugs after cranking and see if they are wet with gas.

Thanks guys for the support.  I got it to start once I realized the timing was 180 out. However, it only runs if I pour gas in the intake. I did a continuity check on the fuel pump relay and it test bad.  Can't find one. Is there a  temporary work around the relay? Thanks

Just now, James Que said:

Thanks guys for the support.  I got it to start once I realized the timing was 180 out. However, it only runs if I pour gas in the intake. I did a continuity check on the fuel pump relay and it test bad.  Can't find one. Is there a  temporary work around the relay? Thanks

Also, I have ordered a fuel pressure guage to ensure the pressure is on point. 

• Like 1