IGNORED

Accelerator J rod part number 18300-E4601 and subsequent

zed2

For the sake of documentation, below are two (2) Accelerator J rods. I cannot determined the original model/production year, since the parts were included in a box of parts I previously acquired.

Keith

Accelerator J rod compare 1.jpg

Accelerator J rod compare 2.jpg

Accelerator J rod compare 4.jpg

Accelerator J rod compare 3.jpg

Edited by zed2

The bottom "J" rod in your first pic is what's on my MFG'd 12/70 car. Here's a shot of the attachment on the balance tube. In your pic I don't see the hole for the pin holding the washer for the spring (guessing it's really there though).

IMG_20220714_185849393.jpg

• Like 1

I have not seen anything about a specific VIN when the change was made, but as noted above, the one with the welded J hood is “Early” (up to jan 71 ish) the smooth simple bent “J” is later.. Notice the bell crank ball arm on the other end is at a different angle as well. This likely corresponds to when the firewall belcrank mount change occured as well. Early geometry sometime resulted in a oscillating pedal motion and engine surging.  Haven’t talked about this is quite a while

• Thanks 1