IGNORED

lost all power ignition 240z

Okay, so today I re-turned the ignition lock key a little to quick, and suddenly nothing anymore. I know this problem is posted before here.

Battery is good. But nothing is working. Where lies the problem ? Fuses are all OK. Amp meter ? I don't know how the 240z is wired exactly, since its been a long time I have been doing anything electrical on it.

Gr Bart

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed it! The problem was simply the battery terminals and to the block ( earth ). Not the terminal itself but the cable that is clamped to it ( Universal battery clamp ). Cleaned everything and some electro water resistant spray on it. 

Damn cold weather and moisture here 😭. Moisture is a big problem here even in summer...

IMG-20220626-WA0004.jpeg

IMG_20220626_110054.jpg

• Like 3

Have you done also the Plus-pole connection? it looks like it's going to get the same problem.. Why all the tape? leave it off then you'll see the corrosion and you can spray the connection while doing a bit of maintenance!

I bet you leave it.. untill one day .... the car stalls.. :cry:

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Have you done also the Plus-pole connection? it looks like it's going to get the same problem.. Why all the tape? leave it off then you'll see the corrosion and you can spray the connection while doing a bit of maintenance!

I bet you leave it.. untill one day .... the car stalls.. :cry:

Yes I have done both Mart... It's not tape, it's vulancized rubber tape. It's pretty close to the metal battery hold down frame, I don't want anything exposed. Besides it helps with keeping the oxidation away. This lasted maybe 7 years or so, long enough till next time.

lol why ? The battery clamp is still good, no need to replace it :P

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 6:34 PM, jfa.series1 said:

It might be the back side of the ignition switch that handles the electrical components. It is all plastic and wears out over the years. Easily replaced.

Actually it was still good ! 50 plus years old, amazing japanese quality... kanto seiki so it's still original lock..

• Like 1