IGNORED

prices

ennisdavis

Don't agree with your item 4 comment, Av8ferg.  You are only talking about North American oil.  You gotta remember; the price of oil is the price no matter what ground it comes out of.  The oil companies didn't do anything with the leases before.  Not renewing them didn't change anything. And we don't want them drilling on our land anyhow.  I live on the Gulf.  We already learned that lesson.  Besides, we export the crude surrounding the pipeline issue.  That doesn't do us any good.  I think the context around the "End All Fossil Fuels" expression contains the pledge to sustainable energy for our future energy independence.  You know, the day is coming when we will run out of this stuff.  There's only so much of it.  Its a shame that the price of gas is so high.  I do remember 25 cents a gallon (old fart).  But gasoline isn't going away any time soon.

Oh, and your talking point for number 4 is "New Leadership".  Yes, isn't it great to have leadership again?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well I think I misspoke, or you read it a different way, but the cost of oil is grown in many ways, The price of a barrel of oil in 2020 was $42.00, now it is $140.00, Russia has very little to do with it and we only buy 3% of their oil on the market. So one thing I think is VERY important is as Av8ferg stated is the price is dependent on a 'globalized Market'. The oil we get is sort of oil that is on the market. Oil tankers are filled and once filled they sit off shore waiting till that load is sold, once they ( the ships crew ) only once sold does the ship have permission and a destination to which the oil goes. We here are just as dependent as any other country as to what price we pay for that oil, BUT this country is very, very different than virtually every other country in so much as this country was never meant for high oil prices. 5.00 a gallon gasoline was NEVER thought a possibility, back in the 20's they threw this stuff away, it had no market, but Henry Ford changed that. We're too strung out across the country, we're not like almost all of Europe with many many little villages, if you live in Texas you could very well drive 30 miles or more just to buy food and other necessities. And I no longer belong to any Political party, but the 45 president did little for anyone other than the one he saw each time he looked in a mirror. But number 46 decided to make electric cars a BIG issue, Well if every time you turn on the telly you hard about the great EV going out, Really ? EV's today account for 3% of sales. Now the guys who run refineries hear this and they look at all the up and coming costs to run their plants and they say "Hell No" when you make statements like 46 did, that message goes a long way, like all though the middle east who currently have about 1 product to sell and you just told them their out of business in a few years. ( That's kinda the reason they don't take calls from 46. ) Maybe in the future we get a better idea of how to use carbon capture equipment better ( And now would be a really great time unleashing the Corporates Titans on building this type of equipment and a lot of it. ) but oil is vital NOW I don't know about the future, but we're not living in the future we're living Now June 2022 ! When I started driving gas cost 31.9 a gallon, but I'm not driving in 1965 anymore, I have to live here and now, and if anybody knows anything about big oil gone wrong, It the people on our gulf states. The damage done by the oil rig from hell created is truly unknown other that the fish and seafood from the gulf will continue to smell like oil for the next 1000 years and that is being very very conservative. And just as a parting opinion, mine. . .  only we, in this country haven't had someone at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue since 1981 who gave a good goddamn . Both political parties should be ashamed of what they have done to this country. Political service no longer means anything other than "How rich can I legally get while in office"  I serve in Vietnam and my father before me served in WW2, when was the last time we had someone to look up to ? And our passion is something the Japanese manufactured and 90% better than anything rolled out of Detroit. Many people I know stopped looking at domestic cars to own 20 years ago, who's fault is that, you got it Detroit's ! The president releasing 1.000.000 barrels of crude from the strategic reserves does next to nothing And they not giving it away, they sell it at the current rate $140.00 a barrel, the only way to make an impact on gasoline prices they would need both a large scale refining Plant/ Plants, a fleet of tractor trailer tank trucks ( Which would need legal paperwork to cross state lines and contacts with a hell of a lot of station selling gasoline, which do not exist as most all service stations are already under contract to sell only a specific companies gasoline. To do this would take the one thing we don't have any most likely will never have and cooperation from the 2 political parties, and your up to your own guess when that will happen, most likely a 1000 years from now. But with time I think gas prices will come down a little, we only have 2/3 of the refining capacity we had 20 years ago. I live out side Philadelphia  PA, twenty years ago there were 12 reining plants here, we have 3 now ! and one of them only produces JP-4 aviation fuel. After the start 46 has had, nobody in their right mind would be willing to invest any money in any new refining plants, why should they ? it 's share holders money they have to be concerned about. I would be surprised to see anything less than $3.95.9 gasoline in the next 5 years. of course it's supply and demand the old basics ? but  I've waste your time enough now.

Edited by Killain
  • Like 2