IGNORED

What is the best dashboard treatment ?

Killain

My dashboard in my 75 280Z  needs some love, what is the best plastic restorer that you have used ? I'm always a little intimated by working with very old plastics.

$_57(20).JPG

$_57(13).JPG

Edited by Killain

We have used Meguiar's Hyper Dressing for 12+ years on Z car rubber, vinyl, and plastic. You don't ordinarily use it full strength, you thin it as desired with distilled water. We normally use a 50/50 mix but you can get any consistency you like. Cuz Arizona, we can get pretty crispy plastic, vinyl and rubber trim and weatherstrip. I've put plastics covered with Hyper Dressing in a zip-loc bag that are "dried out" to the cracking stage and brought them back to reasonably flexible within a few weeks (clam shell, switch plastics, gauge bezels, and etc.). We use it almost exclusively when we detail - great on tires too. A guy in the club here swears by 303 but I've never used it. I have Mothers Back To Black but it sits on the shop shelf. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1