IGNORED

Looking for a suitable replacement fuel pump for my 75 EFI coupe ?

Killain

I have spent the last hour looking for a fuel pump to replace mu old pump dropped dead on me today. The FSM states it needs 36PSI, but I'm getting a little confused with some posts. I have the Bosch EFI and a lot of posts refer to Carbureted cars, what is a good quiet fuel pump for a 75 EFI setup ? and I keep looking and damn few marketed pumps state the fuel pressure of their pumps, I need 36PSI , right ? And most I look at seem to be in-tank pumps without and mounting hardware ?

Edited by Killain

Most of the auto parts stores have the right pump if you just give them the year and model.  Delphi seems like a good brand name.  I had an Airtex E8312 and it worked well, and lasted about 40,000 miles.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/delphi-automotive/fuel-delivery/fuel-pumps---tanks/fuel-pump/fuel-pump/83db8e3f0135/delphi-automotive-fuel-pump/dlp0/fd0035/v/a/6634/automotive-car-1975-nissan-280z?q=fuel+pump&pos=1

Looks like Rockauto will save you a lot of money on the Delphi pump.  Amazon has them also.  They all look about the same, a silver cylinder with some hose nipples and a piece of rubber sheet for vibration damping.  You'll need to use some ingenuity to get it mounted to where you won't feel it running.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1975,280z,2.8l+l6,1209204,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump,6256

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

On sale.  Great deal!(?)  Four cheap pumps or one factory pump?  Decisions...

image.png

I got a number of future jobs pending, I'll have to see if the Carter P70304 from Rockauto is going to fix the problem, but I bought a fuel pressure regulator as well. I'll have to fabricate a mount for it. Sure is more affordable with Rockauto. Being retired, I only have so much to spend. And thank you both, as always, I can count on you fellows for good advice. Thank you,

Edited by Killain
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that Carter is what they used to be.  I like the Airtex and Delphi myself.  They might actually be the same pump, rebranded.

Are you having pressure leakdown problems?  There are ways to test which side the problem is on, pump or FPR.