IGNORED

How to : interior lights ?

Killain

pull it out of the trim piece its sitting in - just kinda jiggle it down.  the bulb can then be popped out from the other side of the housing.  you are right to be concerned about shattering the lens, its fragile at this point but changing the bulb as long as you don't smack the lens somehow doesn't have anything to do with the lens.

The map light is replaced from the back side of the vent panel. Four screws to take the panel off and then the bulb goes into the lamp from the rear.

I think they may have changed some of the details over the years from 74 to the end, but here's a pic that should help. This is the back side of that map light panel:

P1080823.JPG

That is just what I needed Captain O ! Thank you, I'm always scared to put too much pressure on any 47 year old plastics, and it's almost impossible to replace it .

Edited by Killain

Glad to help. I don't think you'll crack any plastics taking that panel out. The more risky maneuver is putting it back in. Don't torque the mounting screws too tight. I've seen a couple of those panels with cracks radiating out from the mounting screw holes due to being tightened too much.

• Agree 1
  • Wow 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:24 AM, Captain Obvious said:

The map light is replaced from the back side of the vent panel. Four screws to take the panel off and then the bulb goes into the lamp from the rear.

I think they may have changed some of the details over the years from 74 to the end, but here's a pic that should help. This is the back side of that map light panel:

P1080823.JPG

Can someone tell me if the 'Map Light'  is a 168 or a 194 bulb ?  Or a LED ???