Rocker arm identification - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rocker arm identification

Featured Replies

Hello,

i disassembled my L28 cylinder head yesterday and I was wondering why my rocker arms are not all marked the same.
Are these original Nissan rocker arms or were they already replaced by a previous owner?
Thank you for your help.

JagoBlitz

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.58 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.58 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.59 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.58.00 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.58.00 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.58.00.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.58.01.jpeg

I think that those are just mold/casting numbers.  Same part design, same factory, just different forming stations.  They're all collected together then sent off to another manufacturing station for the pad attachment and final machining.

Some old dusty books I found in my library...

I can't find the different numbers but they're the same. Seems like I have some S numbers and some E numbers?

Send them to Delta for resurfacing for sure. Great job at a good price.

  • Author
2 hours ago, JagoBlitz said:

 

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 16.57.58 (1).jpeg

 

Another 280Z owner told me that his rocker arms and all rocker arms he ordered from Nissan had this parallelogram on them.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.